Coloxyl Oral Drops is a gentle stool softener formulated for the relief of constipation in children aged up to 3 years. It contains the active ingredient poloxamer, which works by drawing water into the stool, making it softer and easier for the child to pass.
- Gentle constipation relief over 3 days
- Pleasant tasting chocolate/caramel flavour
- Drops can be added to the feeding bottle or fruit juice
- A measuring syringe is provided for easy and accurate dosing. If you are not sure how much to use, ask your doctor or pharmacist
Children under 6 months: 0.30 mL three times daily
Children between 6 - 18 months: 0.50 mL three times daily
Children between 18 months - 3 years: 0.80 mL three times daily
- Active ingredients: poloxamer 100 mg/mL
How fast do Coloxyl oral drops work?
Coloxyl Oral Drops contains a stool softener that works to soften stools making them easier to pass. This softening process happens gradually over about 3 days.
How do I give my child Coloxyl oral drops?
Coloxyl oral drops is a liquid and comes with a syringe for easy and accurate dosing. The drops can be added to your child’s feeding bottle or fruit juice and comes in a pleasant chocolate/caramel flavour.